Thursday 15 October 2009

Educação Condutiva - com amor, Conductive Education - with love

I love reading Leticia Burigo’s postings. I always felt drawn to her and to her thoughts pouring from the heart.
I have been thinking about a new posting for a few days now. I was searching for words… how to explain what I always believed and never dared to say openly. She just said it. Thank you Leticia.
Here is her last posting translated by Google.

“Be better than I am

The children teach us to be better people.
teach us to love.
teach us patience.
teach us to set routines even more organized.
teach us to take more responsibility.
They teach us to predict before it happened.
must be more, go further.
must guess a movement, a response.
predict and is now ready. always have a second option.
To be better than I am,
respecting the diversity of each one.
Be better for me, for you, for all.
To able to read what they are telling us.”

Leticia said it in such a beautiful way…

I have been working and interacting with children and watching them nearly every day for a long a long time. It has been a longer time than my own growing up years.
I can still remember myself as a child growing up and I have seen my own daughter growing up. I have been witnessing these children’s power and their clarity. It taught me how to feel, hear and see what the children are trying to tell me.

Their power and clarity might not appear to be as we expect them to be, but my definite conclusion is, that they are bringing us up in so many ways. By reminding us of what is important and what really matters.

They all have a message, which they are so eager to share. Every time I meet them I always have an enquiring heart asking them internally… so what do you want to teach me, what do you want me to hear?

My job is to facilitate them in their journey in this life, but nether the less I need to hear them out first and learn from them, before I use my knowledge and experience to pave the path with them towards becoming what they wish to be and expected to be.
I adjust my gaze to see them with unconditional love, which accepts them as they are. I don’t want them to be different. They don’t need to be different to make me feel better, nor they have to be different to feel my acceptance. This is not the case and never will be.

I know this concept might be a little bit hard to understand.

What I am trying to convey here is, that we can only facilitate the changes and the transformations of people’s life if we can accept them as they are.
When we see them who they really are and engage with them in true sharing, which is giving and receiving.

It is the same with adults. Isn’t it?

I still feel that we have more to learn from our children than they have to learn from us. LIFE is clever. It always makes sure that the seeds of growth are coming through plenty if we dare to see them and find them.
The children are the carriers of these seeds.

Reference: http://educacaocondutiva.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Judit, hi

I love what you wrote ! I understand and I feel what you are saying. It is a difficult part of our work to explain, and to practise it is even harder . To be stuctured and strictly directed from one view and to be opened to be lead and accepting from an other might seems to be contradictive, but I know (we know) it is not.
I have an old 'cheesy' story, that I love and I want to share with you. You need to see through the litural story, and I know it will not be a problem for you.
The moral of the story is: where respect and love is freely given, hope and possibilities grow eternal or in 'educational aspect': when you treat people according to their highest possibilities, the person will act according to them.
To be continued...

with love Agi.

Unknown said...

and the story goes:
There was a farmer in Hawaii who had three daughters. He had successfully married off the older two. They were attractive, but his third daughter was not. He thought that he would never marry her to anyone. But he was wrong. There was a very rich farmer who lived in the next valley and his son wanted to marry his daughter. Now the custom was that when you married a man's daughter that you gave him a number of cattle. Three to four were considered to be from customary to outstanding. But the father had not thought that he would get any thing for this youngest daughter. But now that the richest farmer's son in the area was coming to call he began to say to himself. Well maybe he will bring at least one cow. And as he thought and began to imagine, he thought that he might even get the going rate of three or even four or five. Well the day of the wedding came and when the groom showed up he did not have one cow or three cows or five cows but ten cows. The father of the bride was ecstatic to get ten cows for a one cow daughter was truly a great fortune. Time passed and a year or so later the daughter came back to see her father and he was amazed. He could not believe that this was the same daughter. She was beautiful, graceful, knowledgeable and simply amazed her father. The father got his son-in-law aside and accuse him of cheating him for only giving ten cows for such a wonderful wife.
Moral of the story:People have a habit of living up to expectations, either theirs or other's.
Have a lovely weekend!
Agi

LeticiaBTK said...

Judit,

is a pleasure to read your post. And your add comments about it. It is such a good connection, being so far in distance and so close in toughts.

with love,
Leticia

Judit Szathmáry said...

Thank you Leticia and Agi. I appreciate your comments very much!
Much Love
Judit XX